- Do not touch the electrical wires or electrical system outside your premises. Please call the BEDC Engineer in case of any problem.
- Do not touch any bare/ exposed conductor with your bare hands.
- Do not use electrical appliances and switches with wet hands.
- Turn power points off before plugging in/ plugging off the appliances.
- Only Trained Electrician should be permitted for electrical repairs and works.
Staff & Electricians/consultants
- Follow Safety Guidelines strictly.
- Person working on electrical systems should be well trained and should have a permission to work on the system.
- Where work is in progress the area should be demarked with Caution Tape and Sign Board.
- Personal Protective Equipment’s like Hand gloves, helmets, safety tools etc. should be used while working on electrical systems.
- In case of electrical shock, shock treatment guidelines should be used to help the victim and he/she should be immediately evacuated for medical care.
- High efficiency appliances consuming low energy bulbs are recommended for use.
- Switch off Lights and appliances when not in use.
- Air conditioned rooms should be well insulated and windows/ doors should be kept closed. Set temperature optimally.
- Lower thermostat temperature on your water heater. Use lower capacity water heaters and heat optimally.
- Air Dry clothes instead of using electrical heaters.