Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) is committed to the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors in our facilities. All employees viii be provided the required PPE when they are hired, and instructed on its proper use and care. Employees are responsible for keeping PPE in good working condition and notifying their supervisor if any PPE no longer meets safe standards.
To achieve this objective:
- Selected personal protective equipment must be in line with National Legislation/Standards and other appropriate intemational standards;
- Management shall provide personnel with appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment for
each task, activity and area at no cost to the personnel after having carried out a risk assessment;
- Empbyee shall sign for all uniform and personal protective equipment received except for those that are disposable;
- Heads of Department shall be responsible for enforcing the use of the appropriate personal protective equipment;
- Contractors and visitors must conform to our Personal Protective Equipment Policy in areas of our facilities where it is required. They shall be provided with adequate information and direction to ensure their safety;
- Every employee shall be responsible for the use of appropriate personal protective equipment;
- Management shall replace uniforms and other personal protective equipment at specified frequency;
- Any employee found violating the use of appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment will face disciplinary action;
- The structure and responsibilities for the implementation of this policy shall be available for reference by all employees as required;
- Personal Protective Equipment shall be audited periodically for compliance
The implementation of this policy shall be monitored and reviewed as necessary by Company HSE Manager to ensure its relevance and effectiveness.