I need a meter, how do I get one?

Visit any BEDC office and request to see the new service officer, you will be given a new connection form to fill, upon the submission of the form, an officer will be sent to assess the load demand in your premises who will advise on the type of meter needed for your premises.

I want to change my details i.e. name, phone number etc.; how do I go about it?

Kindly go with your proof of ownership to the customer care center at your nearest business unit

My meter is in good working condition, the marketer in charge takes the reading monthly but I keep getting estimated bills, how do I resolve this?

Please contact any of our business units call centers and this will be investigated

I made payment some months back and up till now the payment has not reflected. Why?

Please take your evidence of payment to the nearest Business Unit.

Why should I be made to pay for electricity that the former tenant consumed and left huge debts?

Please liaise with your landlord on the settlement of the accumulated bills. You may also visit the customer care of the nearest Business unit to negotiate an agreement on how the outstanding debt can be settled

How do I get a fault cleared on time?

Whenever there is a fault in your area, please don’t hesitate to report it to the nearest BEDC office or call any of our customer care officers in your area to lodge the complaint to enable us attend to you promptly.

What payment channels are available for payments aside payments in BEDC cash offices?

You can make your payments through participating banks, online, Designated PoS terminals – The Orange box

Is prepayment meter better than the credit post-paid meter?

Prepayment meter and credit meter are quite the same, they both record customer energy consumption in a same way, the only difference is in the mode of collecting revenue for energy sold, while one pays ahead before service, the other pays after the consumption of the energy.

How do I determine the type of meter needed for my premises?

When you make a meter application, the BEDC officer that inspects the load demand of your house advice on the type of meter needed for your premises based on his report.

The voltage profile in my area is bad, what could be the cause?

Low voltage could be as a result of customers using undersize cables for their electrical wirings or undersize electrical conductors mostly in new developing settlements which tend to drop the voltage level as more connections are made on it. Lodge information on this to your nearest service center

The last payment I made was not credited to my account, what do i do?

Please report formally to any BEDC office; customer care center, or using our online platform any payment not credited after the second month of payment.

How do I seek redress for any bad customer service?

You can report all acts of bad customer service to any of our customer service officers or by using our online platform to lodge your complaint and be rest assured that your complaint will be taken care of.

how can we help you?

Contact us at the BEDC office nearest to you for any technical complaint.