- April 10, 2020
- Posted by: bedcplc
- Category: Uncategorized
BEDC Electricity Plc. (BEDC) hereby completely aligns with the plans to ensure palliative measures including free electricity supply to all Nigerians for 2 months to make life easier, during the lockdown period due to the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic.
Management however advises customers to note as a matter of fact as follows:
- That the proposed 2 month free electricity bill mooted by the House of Representatives is not yet signed into law, as such not binding on DISCOs including BEDC for now. No decision has been taken by federal Government on this yet.
- We are also not sure of the date of implementation.
- Electricity currently being supplied to customers is not free
- Prepaid customers need to vend energy to avoid service disruption when they run out of energy units
- Postpaid customers need to settle outstanding bills because if the palliative measure is approved it will not cover past bills.
- Customers are therefore advised to manage their energy consumption at this critical period to avoid accumulating huge bills that may be difficult to pay in the event that the palliative measure is not approved.
BEDC assures customers that it shall continue to provide quality service across all its touch points and improve availability of electricity supply to alleviate the hardship of our esteemed customers during this difficult times.
We appeal to customers to continue to pay their bills as the status quo remains.
For complaints, enquiries, including information on vandalization and faults, customers are advised to call our call center lines on 080-3901-2323 / 081-3984-1391; email email@example.com or use any of our social media channels on @bedcpower.